For their Location in Roosendaal (the Netherlands) they are currently looking for a Customer Services Associate – freight management, who will be responsible for the daily operational execution process with regards to transport management, road and ocean transport. Handling the day-to-day flow, including routing, scheduling and monitoring of shipping activities towards carriers or other logistics service providers, to ensure that the orders sent by our customers are being transported according to and in line with the established procedures.
Key areas of responsibility
• The orders are being read and interpreted correctly and are being processed according to the predefined procedures and the SOP (standard operating procedures);
• The data is processed accurately and timely in the system;
• The customer is provided with the correct tracing information and the communication with the customer is maintained timely and pro-actively, if necessary, to prevent issues in case of any miscommunication;
• Be able to calculate and select the best service or price (among all regular suppliers, by consulting the sourcing database) for the customer.
• Mutual responsibility for the optimisation of the profitability file in a constant dialogue with sales and sourcing;
• Registration, research, improvement-discussion and follow-up of loss files;
• Register, solve and escalate to right level, of complaints and defects in the process;
• Ensure that all data in the system is complete for processing by Finance.
• At least minimum General Vocational Qualification (MBO) level. Educational background in logistics or freight forwarding is preferred. It is also a starting position for HBO graduates without work experience;
• Similar work-experience in the logistics area of TM, road and ocean transport is preferred;
• Work-experience in order-processing and/or customer service, is required;
• Experienced in working with Microsoft Office and, preferably with an order-processing system;
• Fluent in business English (spoken and written). Any other European language skills are useful;
• Experience with transport planning systems is useful;
• Where needed, employee will be trained (internal or external) to achieve desired level.