Stroom is looking for a European RM buyer, Nederland
Are you interested in a role to pro-actively build and implement sourcing strategies for our European Raw Materials? To support our journey towards the use of more sustainable Raw Materials? And this based on a strong knowledge of internal needs and external factors.
• Provide sufficient reliable and compliant sources of supply, with competitive prices and on-spec deliveries for Raw Materials:
– Draft and execute (supplier selection, negotiation and contract definition) sourcing strategies for Raw Materials, developing knowledge of internal needs and external factors;
– Liaise with internal stakeholders for deployment of those strategies at global/regional level;
– Implement sourcing strategies.
• Drive the optimisation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
– Manage cost saving pipeline to ensure targets for cost reduction are met;
– Manage OWC reduction programs.
• Work in close co-operation with respective key stakeholders, e.g. business/sales teams, site management, engineering, SHE , regulatory.
• Act as primary contact towards key suppliers and develop strong partnerships with these suppliers. Make sure supplier performance against agreed upon key performance indicators is reviewed and action plans for continuous improvement are defined.
• Ensure best practice sharing and standardization of processes and tools across the company for RM spend in co-operation with the local procurement teams in other regions.
• Manage tolling contracts within the area of responsibility;
• Act as business partner for one of our business units;
• Be the driver for global initiatives to support our journey towards the use of more sustainable Raw Materials
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience, including strategic purchasing
• Experience in international environment preferred
• Experience with procurement of Raw Materials
• Experience with sustainable sourcing or related topics
• Solid understanding of the(petro)chemicals industry, market trends and developments.
• Capability of working in a cross-functional and cross-cultural setting and within a remote network; excellent negotiation skills, convincing and target minded; good and quick decision maker; planning and implementation skills; due to the variety of tasks, flexibility is mandatory with the capability to set priorities
• Language Skills: Fluent in English. Italian is preferred.