Stroom is looking for a Global Supply Chain Trade & Customs Manager, The Netherlands
Noord-Holland, The Netherlands
Our client is a dynamic, international company that makes affordable, high-quality medicines that employ more than 30.000 people worldwide. With more than 7.500 products worldwide and more than 700 products in the Netherlands, they are a very diverse pharmaceutical company. Their portfolio consists of prescription medicines, self-care medicines and health products. At their location in Amstelveen, around 100 people work in an open and informal atmosphere, in which collegiality and development of the organization and employees are important factors. They offer attractive working conditions, flexible working hours and a lot of freedom in carrying out your work.
Make a difference, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market their products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to their business partners who support the providers and producers, they all have a mission critical role. Here’s how this role will help:
Trade and Customs:
- Complete and maintain full analysis of current state the company’s location in Ireland / BGP import / export activities with particular focus on the Netherlands. Identify any areas of concern / risk.
- Provide with governance and auditing that addresses the company’s requirements with regard to global trade and customs.
- The company’s point of contact in the Netherlands for Customs activity and with the Customs Authority for BGP and location Ireland.
- Be the company’s lead for Customs Audits in the Netherlands for BGP and location Ireland.
- Deliver the development of local legal entity trade and customs procedures in line with the company’s trade and customs global policies and procedures which clearly address key areas of trade, e.g. Tariff Classification, Origin Determination and valuation.
- Deliver as required classification, origin and valuation for products.
- Review and ensure the correct tariff classifications are allocated to products and provided to the Customs agent and to Customs.
- Maintain a master list of Tariff codes for products and retain the supporting documentation reviewed to determine the tariff classification
- Determine and maintain an origin list for the company’s products and retain the supporting documentation reviewed to determine the origin.
- Determine if appropriate customs clearance information/permits/licenses are available. If not work with regulatory, third party vendors, import/export initiators and Global Trade and customs to obtain required information/permits/licenses as appropriate.
- Audit all entries prepared by the Customs agent and address agent errors with the agent to amend the entry.
- Work closely with the Global Compliance Org to ensure alignment in key areas, i.e. Denied Parties Screening, dual use etc.
- Drive global / regional/ local change management and reengineering trade and customs activities including implementing new processes, systems, tools/technologies, metrics and improved organizational alignment.
- Engage with and develop strategic customs brokers in the company’s network, developing and implementing processes and systems to support customs activities for the company and tracking Global KPIs
- Support and lead small/medium/large cross-functional teams that implement new and innovative and or refine existing processes, and systems enabling Global Trade and Customs to scale dramatically and lead in process excellence
- Act as a delegate for the Global Director and Global Project Manager when required for all engagements relating to regulatory, compliance or product launch.
- Readily engage with Business stakeholders and be able to clearly articulate a stakeholders needs around customs and trade adherence and convey these needs to business partners to ensure a right first time solution is delivered to our stakeholders.
- Provide effective and regular communications on all stakeholders on customs and trade activity up to VP & ELT level.
- Develop audit plans based on risk to ensure continued adherence to best practice in all areas with their import / export activities.
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that products are correctly identified according the HTS requirements.
- Ensures all project documentation is kept up to date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Ensure that processes are in place and maintained to support the day to day trade and customs activities .
- Work closely with the Global Trade and Customs Team
Controlled Drug Licenses
- Working with the vertical and regional supply planning teams ensure that all required controlled drug licenses are in place for products owned by the Ireland /BGP in the regional distribution center to support transport into and out from the regional distribution center.
- Maintain a controlled drug license tracker that will support the supply chains and on time receipt and delivery of shipments.
- Apply for, store and reconcile the controlled drug licenses to support the above flows and endorse and return controlled drug license as required to the Netherlands Health authority.
Supply Chain support
- Support and lead small/medium/large cross-functional teams that implement new and innovative and or refine existing processes, and systems enabling Global and Regional Supply chains scale dramatically and lead in process excellence.
Make their Values Your Values
They only hire the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together they can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, they will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Has a business related graduate degree
- Proven experience in a trade / customs specific role preferably within a pharma supply chain environment.
- Project Management lifecycle experience in a leading role
- Ability to identify & implement industry best practices (Logistics / Pharma) to improve existing processes.
- Ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders at executive management level & effectively scale communication style for executive audiences.
- Ability to anticipate and react to frequently changing business climate, delivering results to continual deadline constraints
- Organizational agility: the ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and cross-culturally
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Project Management applications and tools.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English and Dutch is required.