Stroom is looking for a Head of Sea Freight, Nederland
Noord-Brabant, Zuid-Holland, Zeeland, Nederland
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The point of contact for sea freight in the country.
o For both Sales, Operations, Procurement, and our Regional Headquarters.
• Enacting/Enforcing/Executing the regional strategy on sea freight in the country.
• Taking care of, supporting and guiding negotiations on local level.
o Either for Local Opportunities, Regional RFQs and RFQs for Corporate Accounts.
• Manage supplier relationships, at the local level to optimize at the most favorable purchasing terms.
• Assist in development, measurement and monitoring of KPI’s for the supplier agreements
• Analyzing data in the market such as: Large complex data from many sources
• Develop and maintain market knowledge through relationships to assist internal key stakeholders to problem solve, identify opportunities or issues in the market
• Keeping internal systems up to date.
• Identify opportunities for the country and launch products together with European HQ.
• Report to regional HQ on local market circumstances
• Close cooperation with Branch and Benelux management to enhance customer experience and service delivery.
• Pro-actively participate in customer visits / meetings as needed and in conjunction with sales.
• Financial Excellence & Development
Education/Qualifications and/or Skills and Work Experience Requirements:
• University degree, Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing or similar
• Experience working in a logistics company is an advantage
• Commercial acumen
• Dutch and English to a proficient level both spoken and written
• Proficient in all Microsoft programs, but especially in Excel and PowerPoint
• Working hours are 40 per week
• Required to travel within the region as requested (Approx. 10% annually) both by Car and Air
• Workplace: Ridderkerk
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience