To control the arrival of shipments into your nominated port or depot, process the relevant in-bound customs processes, book in the delivery and be responsible the importers interest in the shipment. This is where you come in: They are currently looking for a Customs Import Operator to join their Europa Team. As they are opening their brand-new Rotterdam office, they will be handling their shipments from the United Kingdom for the Dutch market.
In this role, you will:
• Control the arrival of shipments into your nominated port or depot
• Arrange the relevant inbound customs process:
• Import Clearance arranged with us using inhouse TMS
• Handover clearance to 3rd party
• T-Form from port/depot to consignee
• Ensure all customs processes are compliant and all customs issues are resolved
• Recover any additional admin charges are from shipment stakeholders
• Additional lines on customs entry
• Handover fees
• Book in the delivery with the consignee and release in the TMS
• Ensure any additional costs presented from the booking in are shared with shipment stakeholders
• Timed deliveries
• Quay costs
• Out of hour deliveries
• Specifics specified by the consignee that creates additional cost
• Customer Service for the consignee and shipment stakeholders ensuring the shipment is cleared and delivered as noted by the Customer Expected Delivery Date in the TMS
• Report any discrepancies to the different stakeholders.
• Respecting all legal and environmental requirements.
• Ensure you comply and follow they company values, which they refer to as ‘Our Approach to Business’!
• Strong customer service background and a confident personality
• Previous experience / good understanding of import & custom operations
• Time management and communication skills.
• The ability to prioritise and to pro-actively deal with situations and use initiative.
• Driven to succeed within the workplace.