The Logistics coordinator is responsible for the logistic process that achieves focus, alignment and synchronization among key functions in the organisation. The main focus of this role is ensure customer delivery service levels and transport process in a cost effective way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all facets of the logistic process to maintain an optimal customer service level
- Work to reduce the cost of logistic process, recommending improvements to procedures, contracts and agreements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders like customer service, supply chain planning, sales, account support, and Finance.
- Manage External Logistic Service Providers to ensure that customer orders are handled effectively and on time.
- Manage the external carriers to ensure on time and cost effective delivery of products to our customers
- Analyse and make recommendations to support an effective transport plan
- Improve inventory accuracy by analysing stocks and differences
- Contribute to projects that improve processes or tools
- Create the logistics reporting, communicate key conclusions to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions
Other duties may be assigned by the company as deemed necessary.