Stroom is looking for a Logistics Coordinator, Nederland
Main Aspect of Job
Overall responsibility for logistics performance, supporting the business with management of the regional-based supply chain, freight quotes, escalations, preparation of export documentation and direct contact with and support of customer service, planning, contract manufacturing and 3rd party logistics teams.
The overall goal of this position is to optimise the local supply chain through streamlined operations, providing a consistently high level of responsiveness whilst reducing both customer-realised lead times and operating costs.
1. Support import/export activity with communication and coordination between suppliers and freight forwarders as required, coordinating order fulfilment activity with Customer Service and third party warehousing as needed to ship and deliver customer orders on-time and at or below the expected cost.
2. Prepare required export documentation, delivery confirmations, and arrange for customs clearance, pre-shipment inspections, etc as required.
3. Arrange for consolidated deliveries from multiple fulfilment points shipping to an intermediate shipping location, when required.
4. Qualify and manage cost-effective third-party logistics and fulfilment services.
5. Review expedited delivery requests and find most cost-effective method to meet requirements.
6. Process deliveries requiring Letters of Credit, ensuring compliance to all requirements.
7. Respond promptly and professionally to change requests submitted by Customer Service and Planning.
8. Responsible for driving continuous improvement in logistics
9. Serve as a resource to define customer and country-specific logistics requirements and implement systems ensuring compliance.
10. Review and analyse monthly freight expense, provide required reporting and execute actions to minimise costs.
11. Take responsibility for freight/logistics escalations as required, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, as necessary.
12. Ad hoc involvement in specific projects as required.
13. Serve as a back-up to the UK Logistics Coordinator when they are absent, or when work loads need to be levelled.
Comply with all employee safety expectations and standards. Identify and bring forward safety risks or problems, make suggestions to improve safety, and ensure that everyone works safely.
Maintains an orderly and clean work environment.
Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a business-related discipline.
3 to 5 years previous experience coordinating international logistics functions including importing and exporting from the European Union.
Hands-on experience with ERP systems (preferably Oracle) and Microsoft Office products.
Experienced at completing assigned work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment.
Effective organisation skills.
Productive time management skills.
Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement particularly in regard to servicing customer
Hands-on approach to the role.
Ability to work well with others to accomplish/drive results.