Stroom is looking for a Operations Manager, Nederland
Working at this company means that every day, through your actions, you contribute to important developments in the world. In a world that is constantly changing, one of the company’s fundamental strengths has always been their passion for innovation, to lead the way and find new ways to solve challenges. Their innovations and continuous improvements have a major impact on people’s daily lives, society and the long-term sustainability of the world. They do this by combining the ambition to make things better with a strong and open mindset to create value for all stakeholders – customers, employees and communities – which ultimately also leads to shareholder value. This is the foundation of their existence and they are immensely proud to play this role.
In their Machining Solutions business segment, they have a multibrand portfolio with some of the strongest brands in the metal cutting market. They have around 18,000 employees worldwide and in 2021, turnover was around SEK 37 billion (including the Sandvik Manufacturing Solutions business segment).
Machining Solutions Logistics
MS Logistics ensures that every product, ordered anywhere in the world, reaches the customers on time, in perfect condition, with the lowest possible environmental impact and in compliance with all international laws and regulations – at the lowest possible cost for Machining Solutions.
From the brand new and extensively automated European Distribution Centre (EDC) in Den Hoorn/Delft, they distribute products within the European region. They are now looking for a Warehouse/ Operations Manager (1FTE).
Are you the Warehouse/ Operations Manager who enjoys running the warehouse effectively and efficiently? And are you ready for the next step? Then they are looking for you!
Key Performance Area’s
• As Warehouse Operations Manager you are operational and budget responsible for assigned warehouse operations. Responsibility includes safety, customer satisfaction targets, warehouse costs and operational performance on defined KPI’s.
• The job also includes developing, agreeing and executing on the OTD strategy for the organization by translating the strategy into tactical plans, processes and objectives within the assigned warehouse operations.
• You will develop and coach a world class Operations Team capable of providing and maintaining a competitive advantage for the Sales Units. Besides that, you are responsible for securing Quality Health Safety Environment for Warehouse Operations and make sure that these are aligned with the company policy.
• You will also work closely together with Logistics Development-department and Lean Coordinator to identify opportunities for projects and improvements and to act as a sponsor when the projects are related to Warehouse operations.
• You need to initiate and secure continuous improvement of the operational processes.
• Monitoring the execution of the logistic processes in relation to daily, weekly and monthly planning.
• Limited travel may also be required. You will report to the Site-manager and you will be a member of the Management Team.
• They are looking for a proactive, flexible, result oriented, solid business partner at all levels with excellent communication and presentation skills. As a manager you lead your team and develop people, striving for results with a focus on continuous improvement.
• You have excellent leadership skills, including change management, team building and coaching, and by setting clear targets and a structured plan, you execute on those plans together with your department and key stakeholders.
• Along with your analytical background you have in depth and up-to-date knowledge of supply chains (especially warehousing), market trends and project management experience within Logistics with a proven successful track record.
• You have also a Bachelor or Master degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration and a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience. Because of the international character of this role, excellent communication skills in English are required.
• You have a high regard for safety and a track record of leading by example to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
What we offer
A position with a large international company within an informal and no-nonsense team. There are opportunities for growth within the entire (international) group. Extensive training facilities, both internal and external, and the opportunity for personal development. Naturally, an employment package appropriate to the position with good primary and secondary conditions.
Full-time employment in a newly built and extensively automated distribution center, where there is ample room for personal development.
At this company, they are convinced that diversity in experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for their employees, their company and therefore their customers.