As the QHSE Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that logistics and warehousing operational activities are executed in accordance with quality, health & safety and environmental standards. You will review, develop and build a framework of QHSE standards, policies and systems across logistics operations in scope, ensuring compliance with all applicable accreditations and certifications. You will also set up the internal QHSE audit programs against all relevant standards and complete inspections and audits as required and provide practical QHSE support towards logistics operation to ensure compliance to both internal and external standards. You will be responsible in this role for two warehouses in Tilburg and one warehouse in Breda.
Purpose of the job
• Act as the business lead for quality management, including approval fo quality documents, act as final arbitration on all QHSE matters and report to Facility Manager;
• Ensure corrective actions arising form internal audits are completed effectively and to support the ongoing logistics operational activities of the business whilst maintaining compliance;
• Supporting Operations Managers in ensuring QHSE controlled documents are set up in compliance with defined frequencies to avoid non-conformances/audit failings;
• Organize RI&E for all logistics and warehousing locations, execute plan of approach to handle all RI&E points of improvement;
• Build a framework of systems that establish appropriate QHSE standards, monitor compliance and measure/report on performance, working and supporting each site QHSE coordinator as needed;
• Work towards the certification of ISO 9001/14001 within 2-4 years.
To be succesful in this role, you will need extensive and recent experience operating within a complex logistics organization, coordinating sizeable and diverse teams of people across a number of warehouse locations. You will need experience of developing and auditing QHSE management systems.
They are looking for a colleague with:
• HBO level on QHSE; e.g. HVK (hogere veiligheidskunde)
• Definition of QHSE Management Systems in line with recognized standards;
• Advising on or drafting practical and auditable QHSE policies and procedures;
• Practical application of broad/general range of QHSE management techniques;
• Auditing of QHSE management systems (in particular, field-based operations and administrative activities);
• Working knowledge of relevant QHSE standards and prevailing legislation;
• Experienced in MS Office and managing safety management system (SMS);
• Good in (Business) English;
• Relevant Quality professional qualification;
• Relevant Health & Safety professional qualification;
• Relevant Lead Auditor qualification or willingness to progress to Lead Auditor status;
• Knowledge of law and regulations regarding Dangerous Goods (IATA/ADR) in a logistics environment;
• Able to support and mentor less experienced colleagues and to coach/advise ad required;
• Knowledge of engineering working practices and principles.