Stroom is looking for a Strategic Buyer Packaging & Transport, Nederland
At this company, they want to change the way people eat forever by offering their customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, they’ve seen this mission spread around the world and beyond their wildest dreams. Now, they are a global food solutions group and the world’s leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did they do it? Their weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The Group now includes the core brand, as well as multiple smaller new brands.
As Packaging Manager at this company you have the great opportunity to work on sustainable packaging solutions for their products. Either you have experience in buying packaging materials or have a strong interest in this, with an additional interest in sustainability.
Are you interested in working in a fast paced environment where priorities tend to shift, but are constantly aimed at delivering the best possible solutions for customers? Would you like to fast track your procurement career within non-food? Then this could be your next job opportunity! Buy yourself a ticket into this great role and apply!
For their ambitious, fast growing team in Amsterdam, they are looking for a Packaging Manager. Working in thje Procurement team, the Packaging Manager will be responsible for the commercial side of the packaging. This means you will be involved in new and existing packaging products from creation through to development and production, having a strong focus on customer experience and sustainability.
In this role you will work closely with the Production department, the Sustainability manager and with suppliers to see what the best options are for the customers and for the supply chain.
As Packaging Manager you will:
• Be responsible for supplier management of the primary packaging supplier and will act as the main point of contact for the Sustainability department, focusing on the packaging in-box. This also means focusing on other sustainability related topics, such as transportation;
• Negotiate the right deal for the company;
• Work closely with external stakeholders: You will work with suppliers to make sure there is a strong long-term partnership. Also you will work with these suppliers to ensure on-time, on-spec deliveries or discuss shortages/missed deliveries;
• Work with internal stakeholders in the supply chain to increase efficiency, decrease costs and time spent on the process. Also you will work closely with the Marketing teams to improve customer value perception and experience;
• Assist with cost reporting and invoice validation and report progress to the internal stakeholders in Amsterdam and in Berlin.
As the packaging manager you are comfortable in making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences. You solve problems on-the-go in a fast-paced environment. Besides these qualities, you have the following skills on paper:
• At least a bachelor’s degree (hbo) or higher;
• You have 3 – 5 years of experience in (indirect) procurement or category management.
• Experience in FMCG is a big plus;
• You demonstrate experience in managing projects. In this you are a strong communicator, know how to set up and finish projects successfully, and how to create support with stakeholders;
• You are full of ideas and act as a sparring partner on the topic of supply chain improvement, category management, negotiations, etc.;
• A quantitative and analytical mindset and know how to use data as the basis of your decisions;
• Fluency in English, Dutch is a strong plus
The following competences are important to have in this role:
• Strong commercial and analytical skills. You’re always focused on getting the best deal for the company, and know how to manage your stakeholders;
• You don’t shy away from a challenge and are able to perform in a fast-paced and continuously changing work environment;
• You’re pro-active, ambitious, and make things happen;
• You have a clear passion for healthy food options.
What we offer
• Make a serious impact on overall business performance and customer experience of the BeNeLux products;
• Learning and development opportunities plus the opportunity to request training specifically for your role and career;
• Freedom of idea and initiative, execution and implementation of your own ideas
• A discount on your weekly food box;
• Our FreshEnergy program including bootcamp, mindfulness walks, Headspace subscription, webinars and other events;
• Healthy lunches and fruit in the office (disclaimer: surprise treats from the recipe developers likely to come your way too);
• A collaboration with OpenUp for your mental wellbeing;
• FreshFriday inspirational talks with ambassadors;
• Discounted health insurance with Zilveren Kruis;
• Travel reimbursement to the office;