Stroom is looking for a Transport Manager, Nederland
Working for this company in this job posting means that every day, through their actions, employees contribute to important shifts in the world. In a constantly evolving world, one of the company’s fundamental strengths has always been their passion for innovation, to take the lead and find new ways to solve challenges. Their innovations and continuous improvements have a great impact on people’s daily lives, society, and the long-term sustainability of the world. The company combines the aspiration of making things better with a strong and open mindset to create value for all stakeholders – customers, employees, and communities – which ultimately also leads to shareholder value. This is the foundation of their very existence and they are immensely proud of being able to play this role.
The business area, Manufacturing and Machining Solutions (SMM), is a part of the company with more than 17,000 employees worldwide. They are the market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced metal cutting in the global cutting tool industry, expanding into digital and additive manufacturing. Their brand portfolio holds some of the strongest brands in the market.
The logistics department ensures that any product, ordered anywhere in the world, arrives at customers in time, in perfect condition, with the lowest possible impact on the environment and in compliance with all international laws and regulations – at the lowest possible cost for SMM. At the Distribution Center in Den Hoorn, products are distributed within the EMEA Region.
The company is currently looking for a Transport Manager for 40 hours per week (1 FTE). The location will be the European Distribution Center in Den Hoorn, the Netherlands.
As Transport Manager, you will contribute to optimize and professionalize the transport processes and procedures related to the European distribution center by analyzing, designing, maintaining, executing, and reporting existing and new transport solutions to support business requirements in line with the company’s strategy. You will drive and support continuous improvements for transport services, costs, quality and sustainability.
- Responsible for managing, designing, analyzing, and developing all transportation solutions and distribution processes and procedures to ensure efficient, economical, and sustainable deliveries from and to the European Distribution Center.
- Manage transport demands and business requirements towards the transport providers and follow-up.
- Responsible for carrier- and customer delivery performance and KPI reporting by trade lane to ensure service, costs and sustainability objectives are met.
- Leading and reviewing carrier tender process (RFI & RFQ) on new and existing trade lanes, aligning business requirements together with (internal) stakeholders until implementation and hand-over to operations.
- Setup and maintaining carrier quality system and contribute to monthly and quarterly carrier performance reviews (MBRs & QBRs).
- Maintain SOP documentation and work instructions for transport operations.
- Securing that transport solutions and activities of the department are aligned with other business processes within the company.
- Translate the strategy into clear regional department goals, set clear priorities and ambitious targets.
- Contribute and represent transport in local, regional, and international strategical projects within the company.
- You will be part of the Global Transport Management Team and have close collaboration with the other regional transport managers to develop global transport solutions, achieve synergies and share best practices.
- Responsible for managing, coaching, and developing your direct reports.
- You will contribute to the regional management team within the European Distribution Center.
You have a Bachelor’s or Master degree and at least 7-10 years’ experience in logistics, transportation and/or supply chain environment. You have the capability to manage third party service providers, proven experience in courier and parcel express networks and international (Air & Sea) transportation.
They place great value on your personal qualities in this recruitment, characterized by strong analytic skills, service minded and drive to deliver results.
As they operate in a global environment and matrix organization, you’re open minded, self-motivated, and pro-active person with excellent English skills both written and verbal. Dutch is preferred. Your personality secures you can operate on different levels within the organization, as well as with external stakeholders and work efficient within teams. You believe that good teamwork is a key to success.
You also must be proficient with knowledge of parcel carrier’s systems, as well as Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications. Experience with SAP, WMS (Blue Yonder) and TMS (Centiro) preferred.
What we offer
They offer you a challenging position in an international and dynamic environment. You can expect committed, competent colleagues, a good introduction to your area of responsibility and appropriate trainings. They offer you an attractive working atmosphere, good remuneration package, including benefits, such as hybrid working.
At this company, they strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for their employees, their business and, thereby, their customers.
Join them in their journey to make the shift within logistics!